The community at The Hamlets at Duncan is built around supporting and empowering individuals to live their best life. Whether that is done through group outings, solo walks, we make sure that our residents live the lifestyle they want to.
The Hamlets at Duncan is also focused on promoting and incorporating spiritual practices or sacred spaces. These areas can be a gathering place where people conduct spiritual practices. No matter the lifestyle, The Hamlets at Duncan can be perfect for you. We aim to assist our residents in what they need help with and leave the rest up to them.
The Hamlets at Duncan provides support and services that allow our residents to enjoy independent living as long as possible. The Hamlets at Duncan amenities include:
• Lounges and social spaces
• Delicious, home-cooked meals
• Continental breakfast and two full meals per day in our elegant dining room
• Guest meals and catering are available
• Snacks and beverages available
• Buses for recreation and scheduled trips
• Underground parking
• Fitness programs and activities
• Professional care services
• 24-hour emergency support through our certified care staff and our Tunstall system
• Religious services and spiritual support
• Basic cable and utilities
• WiFi and phone (fee)
• Weekly housekeeping and flat linen service
• Personal laundry available (fee)
• Craft room
• Tuck shop
• Outdoor courtyards
• Sensory therapy room
The Hamlets at Duncan provides various forms of recreation to make sure there is never a dull moment in our resident’s day. Our communities were designed to provide various types of recreational activities that help our residents have fun and make new friends.
One of the areas our residents most look forward to is our group classes. These classes are a great way to stimulate mental and physical activity. Mental aerobics, poker, fitness games, and bingo are all popular activities that bring our residents together.
We also offer plenty of chances to get outside and enjoy the fresh air. Our space has a lovely garden and there are plenty of parks nearby. Our home is part of the Sonemos Conservation Area which always offers a wonderful backdrop. The Hamlets at Duncan does a few weekly field trips to partake in things our residents are passionate about.
If you prefer to just hang out and have a quiet day, The Hamlets at Duncan has you covered. We offer a quiet room for those who want to work or read. Everyone our residents’ rooms are equipped with cable as well, so the TV is always an option. Also, the city of Cowichan offers numerous green spaces for those looking to enjoy a sunny day.
Other activities include:
• Organized outings bus trips, and scenic drives
• Exercise classes
• Intergenerational programs
• Wildlife viewing stations
• Holy studies
• Pub nights and onsite movie nights
• Music therapy and sing-alongs
• Pet therapy, including bat and bird boxes, and feeders
• Weekly cranium crunches
• Art and craft classes
• Monthly themed events, such as high teas, pig roasts, and traditional salmon bakes